Monday, January 7, 2008

Just as Expected but I'm So Happy Anyway...

If you checked out this column earlier, you'd have seen that our G-Men's playoff game against the Bucs of Tampa Bay went pretty much as scripted.

Let's see. Eli was masterful, Jacobs was great; he did the power running in the first quarter when the young Bucs were all over the place. Ahmad Bradshaw was a VERY pleasant surprise; I didn't expect him to be able to play. What can you say about Amani Toomer !? Talk about clutch! Plax and Boss (sounds like a law firm) caught everything that went their way. The offensive line was terrific after the 1st quarter.

On defense, while I expected the defensive line, really the front seven, to harass Garcia into mistakes, and I thought Galloway could be slowed by his injury, I DID NOT expect the All-Star performance from Cory Webster. His 3rd quarter interception and fumble recovery sealed the game, turning a close game into a walk in the park. Special mention though might also be deserved for Michael Strahan, but they all played great.

So what can we expect for Sunday ? Well, just offhand, the Boyz ain't the Bucs. I'll have a further analysis later in the week, but I am curious as to why the Boyz seemed to crumble a bit for the last few games. If it's the offensive line that was having problems, injuries, whatever...

And then there's that famous ankle....

No comments: